Things to Do in Saugatuck/Douglas-
There are numerous tourist attractions in Saugatuck and vicinity. Many of these attractions are listed in the Visitors and Convention Bureau website www.saugatuck.com, which is a good starting point to discover what great things there are to do in this area. Here is a brief list of places to visit and things to do for the whole family!
- Oval Beach-one of the highest rated beaches in the United States. Check out the reviews on Trip Advisor-Things to Do-Saugatuck.
- Saugatuck Dunes State Park-breathtaking dunes!
- Massages at Bella Vita Salon! Bella Vita is just around the corner from Serendipity! 269-857-8482.
Beer making classes and craft beers at Saugatuck Brewery! Saugatuck Brewery is just across the river in Douglas. 269-857-7222.
- Wineries - There are three tasting rooms in Saugatuck (Fenn Valley and Tabor Hill). Fenn Valley Winery is in Fennville, about ten miles south of Saugatuck, and offers tours of the vineyards and production facilities in addition to a large wine tasting room. Pick up a coupon from us to take to the winery and receive a free wine glass!
- Cranes orchards - U-Pick fruit,(multiple varieties of apples, peaches, and cherries) Corn Maze and the Haunted Corn Maze.
- Cranes pie pantry - A great family restaurant outside Fennville! Yummy pies!
- Saugatuck Chain Ferry - The chain ferry is one of the oldest hand-cranked chain ferries in America.
- Take a ride on the Chain Ferry across the Kalamazoo River and visit the Saugatuck-Douglas Historical Museum, or climb the 282 steps the top of Mt. Baldhead.
- Harbor Duck boat - Take a fun ride on an amphibious vehicle through the streets of Saugatuck and Douglas and down the Kalamazoo River!
- Saugatuck Center for the Arts - Performances, exhibitions, classes, cultural events!
- Mason Street Warehouse - Plays and musicals that enrich the audience, the art, and the artists.
- Ox-Bow School of Art - Summer art classes, exhibitions, open studios.
- Frederick Meijer Gardens - Botanic garden and internationally acclaimed sculpture park in Grand Rapids, less than an hour from Saugatuck!
- Visit Downtown Holland - Explore Holland, only 20 minutes drive from Saugatuck. The downtown area (particularly 8th St) has lots of great shops and businesses!
- Felt Mansion- A restored mansion just north of Saugatuck, listed on the National Register of Historic Sites.
- Interurban Bus - Once you arrive in Saugatuck, you can take the Interurban in the Saugatuck/Douglas area and leave your car parked!
- Star of Saugatuck Paddlewheeler - Take a ride on a genuine paddlewheel boat out the Kalamazoo River into Lake Michigan!
- Golf Courses - Two great golf courses in the Saugatuck/Douglas area! Clearbrook Golf Club and Ravines Golf Club.
- Disk golf - An 18 basket disk golf course near Saugatuck in Shore Acres Park.
- The Tulip
Festival in Holland, just 20 minutes away from Saugatuck!
In addition to being a destination in itself, Saugatuck is an ideal
location to stop in for a day or two for rest and relaxation while traveling
through from the Chicago area to Ann Arbor and vicinity. We are also less
than one hour away from Grand Rapids, which has many attractions of its